INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Use Bleach and trays for 14 consecutive nights if possible.
- Begin by brushing and flossing teeth before whitening for maximum results.
- Twist the removable tip from the syringe.
- Apply a small dot of gel into each tooth compartment in the tray.
- Seat the tray carefully over the teeth and gently press on the trays to allow the gel to spread over the entire front surfaces of the teeth. You do not need gel on the back of the teeth.
- Remove excess gel with a dry cotton bud or cotton wool. It is important to remove excess bleach to avoid sensitivity to the gingivae.
- Wear your trays overnight if possible. If you suffer from sensitivity start by wearing the trays for 3 hours during the day, if you think you can manage a longer period of time increase the length you wear them gradually.
- When whitening time is up, remove trays and gently brush excess gel out of the trays with cold water and a toothbrush.
- Brush any excess gel off your teeth and rinse thoroughly. Then brush and floss your teeth as normal.
- You may experience mild to moderate sensitivity to cold or biting during your time bleaching. This is only short term and will subside. A desensitising toothpaste like Sensodyne will help to ease this sensitivity.
- If your teeth become increasingly sensitive during the bleaching process it is possible to take a few days off from the bleaching, and then restart when your teeth are less sensitive. This will not affect the whitening process.
- If you feel pain or extreme discomfort during the treatment, remove the trays and brush the gel off your teeth. Call Mayberry Dental care 014597877 for further advice.
HOW TO CARE FOR BLEACHING TRAYS
- Wash with cold soapy water.
- Never use hot or warm water to clean the trays. They are made from a thermoplastic and will lose their shape if they are heated.
- Always keep the trays packed away in a safe place away from pets/children etc (pets love to get their teeth into them)!
- If you have left over bleach you can store them in the fridge and use it for a top up in the following months after your initial bleaching course.
FOODS TO AVOID WHILE WHITENING
- Generally anything strong or vibrant in colour.
- Coca Cola
- Curry or anything with turmeric in it.
- Black tea or Coffee (you don’t have to avoid these but have with plenty of milk)
- Red wine
You can resume your normal diet after you stop the bleaching process.
We like to book a review appointment 2-3 weeks after you have commenced the bleaching.
At this appointment we will be able to see the progress of your bleaching and we will be able to show you the before and after pictures.
If you have any queries or need advice call Mayberry Dental Care on 014597877